[ THIS MATERIAL RETRIEVED FROM HAWAIIKENDO.COM WEBSITE, September 21, 2016 ]
HAWAII KENDO KENKYUKAI
Meeting time is the First Friday of every Month at 7:30PM at the Japanese Culture Center of Hawaii on 2454S Beretania Street, Honolulu
OBJECTIVES AND RULES
1. The primary objectives of this Kai is for the Kendo Yudansha to gather for inquiry and study concerning the future of the Hawai'i Kendo Federation, to promote excellence in Kendo according to the Concept of Kendo.
2. Activities of this Kai will be based on the Concept of Kendo;
"Kendo wa Ken no Riho no shuren ni yoru ningenkeisei no michi de aru."
"Kendo is a way to discipline the human character through the application of the principles of the Katana."
3. Participants of this Kai are expected to conduct with full spirit during a session, and not to engage in impertinent activities.
4. Kenshi with Shodan rank and above, and Hawai'i Kendo Federation members are eligible to participate in this Kai.
5. Participants of this Kai will return to their respective Dojo and apply what was learned for the benefit of others.
6. As a rule, there will be no President to the Kai, but Officers, Advisors and Counselors may be appointed.
7. This Kai was founded in 1995. These rules were established to improve operations on September 1, 1998.
< end >